I'm absolutely addicted to these muffins. I'm pretty sure I've eaten one batch by myself, no joke. I'll link her website so you can see the original recipe and the other recipes she has. Original Recipe
I did change a few things about the recipe, so I will post "my" version.
Ingredients
~ 2 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
~ 1 teaspoon of baking soda
~ 1/4 teaspoon of salt
~ 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
~ 1/4 cup of honey
~ 1/2 cup of brown sugar
~ 2 large bananas (preferably really ripe but doesn't absolutely have to be)
~ 1 single serving container of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
~ 1 large egg, beaten
~ 3/4 cup of cow's milk
~ 11 oz. container of blueberries rinsed
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. Set to the side.
2. In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the honey and brown sugar together (a fork works well) - it will be thick and lumpy. Add the mashed banana, yogurt, and beaten egg.
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently begin to fold it all together. It will be very thick. Add the milk slowly and continue to gently mix the ingredients together. The milk will thin everything out, but the batter will still remain thick.
5. Gently fold in the blueberries. Do not over mix the batter, which will lend to tough, dry muffins.
6. Fill muffin tins all the way to the top. Bake for 17-18 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Allow the muffins to cool completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment